All children love getting messy, but for parents it can be a bit of a nightmare! The importance of creating a mess isn’t just as futile as you may think, creating this mess and getting stuck into things hands on, or even feet first is brilliant for children’s development. We have a great solution for you parents for children to get messy and entertained (for a few hours!).
Below we have a recipe for slime incorporating easy to source ingredients (most which you’ll have at home already). This is a great activity when it’s pouring rain outside and you need to keep the kids from getting bored, or even at a kids party to keep them entertained in a fun way! This will also get the tablets out of your children’s hands and their eyes off the television and appeal to their tactile senses!
Here are the list of ingredients you will need:
- PVA or clear glue (240 ml) (Available online and in store)
- Bicarbonate of Soda (1 tsp)
- Contact lens solution (1 tbsp)
- Glitter (Available online or in store)
- Gel Food colouring
- Pour 240ml of your glue into a clean mixing bowl
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and mix well with the glue
- Add in a small bit of the food colouring and mix well until the desired colour is reached. Now add in your glitter! Put in about a tablespoon first and mix well and keep adding glitter until you have as much as you want!
- When the slime is as colourful and as glittery as you want, add in 1 tablespoon of contact lens solution and mix carefully with the glue until the mixture starts getting stringy and coming away from the edges of the mixing bowl. Now take the slime mixture out of the bowl and start needing it with your hands until it stops sticking to your fingers. If it is still too sticky add a few more drops of contact lens solution but be careful as adding too much could make it too hard!
- And now you should have beautiful, colourful, glittery, stretchy, squishy, slime in your hands!
Make sure to tag us in your pictures when you make the slime!!